About the Role
- Answers telephones, routes calls, takes messages, and provides general information; greets and directs visitors; answers routine inquiries; maintains log of inquiries as required.
- Opens and routes incoming mail; distributes correspondence and other material to department staff/faculty.
- Performs a variety of routine assignments as appropriate to the position; may operate a personal computer to draft basic correspondence, enter data, and print letters, labels, reports, and/or other materials; types and mails form letters.
- Copies and/or duplicates materials as requested; may oversee day-to-day operation of copy machine; may prepare and transmit facsimiles for the unit.
- Establishes, maintains, processes, and/or updates files, records, and/or other documents.
-May perform specialized services of a routine clerical/administrative nature in strict accordance with established procedural guidelines, as appropriate to the position.
- May schedule or assist in scheduling appointments, meetings, and/or conferences, as appropriate to the position.
- May order, stock, and distribute office supplies.
May run various routine errands, as required, for the unit/department.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.